Influencer to Author
Learn how to grow your audience, attract a literary agent, and finally win that publishing deal you've been dreaming of.
Hey, I’m Maggie Langrick, CEO and Publisher at Wonderwell. My team of New York Times bestselling publishing pros are ready to share all our insider secrets with you in this two-week digital course.
Let's get you signed with a real publisher!ENROLL NOW
OUR BOOKS HAVE BEEN FEATURED IN:
WIN THE ATTENTION OF A REAL PUBLISHER
With Influencer to Author, you'll learn:
How to turn your story or content into a bestselling masterpiece.
What agents are looking for and how to pitch your book to them.
How to find a publisher that shares your vision and negotiate the best deal possible.
How to leverage your platform for a successful book launch.
How to win maximum media exposure for your book.
How to choose a publishing path that aligns with your goals.
The exact steps you need to take next—and what not to bother with!
Yes, it really is possible.
This digital course will teach you all you need to know to make the leap from expert/creator to influencer to bestselling author.ENROLL NOW
In two weeks, you will…
- Break free from confusion and insecurity around the publishing process.
- Get clarity on what it takes to make your book a bestseller.
- Know how to make your book proposal irresistible to agents and publishers.
The right foundational decisions can make all the difference between a book that inspires the masses and a book that sells only a few copies. We cover it all in Influencer to Author.
This digital course is perfect for you if...
You're seeking a traditional publishing deal with a big advance, or you aren't sure which publishing path you should take.
You're serious about publishing a memoir or nonfiction book with national bestseller appeal.
You want to write a real book that gets into real stores and creates real impact.
You want to fast-track your publishing journey and launch your author career with guidance from real industry professionals.
You have a big vision for your personal brand and your book, but need help making it a reality.
You're an expert or content creator with a significant platform, and you want to maximize your potential.
You're starting at square one with your book idea and want to take a leap forward this year.
You have a finished manuscript and need to know how to get it into the hands of the right people.
It might not be for you if...
You're writing fiction or a book of poetry.
You're looking for a quick-and-dirty self-publishing program.
You have no platform and aren't interested in growing one.
Take a peek inside the Influencer to Author digital course...
Module 1: Making Your Best Book
Behind every successful author is an amazing book. Module 1 is where we show you how to turn your story or ideas into literary gold.
You've been dying to write a book for ages, but the internet is full of conflicting information about the best way to do that. Don't worry—I’ve got you covered! In this orientation session, I roll out the roadmap for the journey you're about to take with this course. In this first lesson, you will:
- Get started on your dream project: Identify those all-important first steps.
- Select your author goals: What does success look like to you?
- Know the three paths to publication: Determine which publishing model is best aligned with your goals.
- Understand your readers’ needs: Evaluate your content to lean into the promise you can best fulfill.
- Learn the four must-do’s for every book: How to set yourself up for success.
Get ready to think like a publisher and put yourself ahead of the competition!
Positioning in the Market
What’s the most important publishing concept you’ve never heard of? Positioning! In this lesson, I’ll be joined by Eva Avery, New York Times bestselling editor and our incredible Editorial Director at Wonderwell, to walk you through the foundational decisions that make up this crucial, little-understood process. In Lesson 2, you’ll learn:
- Why positioning matters: You may know what you want to write about, but how can you be sure it’s what people want to read?
- What publishers look for: Know your secret sauce and how to get it across.
- Who your book is for: Which readers do you want to reach out to as you develop your book’s niche?
- How to categorize your book: Memoir, self-help, or a blend of the two?
- Your book’s promise: You’re here to change readers’ lives. But how?
Now you know your ideal book inside and out—before you’ve even written a word!
Planning Your Content
Here comes the fun part—no, not the writing! It’s time to map out your book’s content, optimized for commercial appeal. In Lesson 3, you’ll:
- Learn the different types of nonfiction: From stories to how-to books, value comes from surprising places.
- Craft an unforgettable title: How to make sure yours hits all the right notes.
- Identify your strengths: How to play your strongest hand.
- Write a whip-smart table of contents: Your secret weapon to draw readers in.
- Solve common stumbling blocks: From ghostwriters to blog content, here’s what you need to know.
After doing the worksheets with this lesson, you’ll know exactly what to write.
Maximizing Your Platform
When it comes to your author platform, the bad news is that size actually does matter. The good news? Wonderwell Marketing Director Jenn Jensen, the book marketing rockstar behind 17 New York Times bestsellers including The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, is offering all of her best advice on how to grow an audience and make the most of the one you already have. You'll learn:
- Why your platform matters: You're not likely to get a book deal without one, but there's much more to it than social media followers.
- The anatomy of an author platform: The eight major book-marketing tools and how to choose + use the best ones for you.
- How to activate your network: Your personal and professional connections can make a huge difference—especially if you're just starting out.
- How to build a marketing strategy: How to market yourself in a way that's authentic, sustainable—and fun!
- How to make a platform pivot: When you want to switch or expand the focus of your career.
The Author Platform Checklist that comes with this lesson will tell you what to highlight in your book proposal—and what you might need to build before submitting it.
Special Guest Interview with Laura Belgray!
How she got her agent: Shortcuts and tips for you to steal!
Her writing process: What her editor said when she handed in her manuscript.
Her decision to write a memoir instead of a how-to book: The sneaky reason she chose to write it as a series of essays.
How she activated her email list: Strategies to drive pre-orders.
Generous, funny, and down to earth, Laura Belgray is the role model you need to show you the ropes on the journey to becoming a bestselling author. BONUS OFFER: The first 50 students to sign up will get a signed copy of Tough Titties!
Module 2: Getting It Out There
A great book deserves a brilliantly executed launch. Module 2 will teach you all you need to know to make yours a smash hit.
Your Book Proposal and the Road Ahead
Lace up your boots, because we’re taking big strides forward in the lessons to come! In Lesson 1, you’ll learn all about the all-important book proposal:
- A business plan for your book: How to craft a compelling argument.
- What goes into it: All the elements you need to include.
- The agent’s toolkit: How agents use the proposal to sell a book to publishers.
- Three qualities your book proposal must have: Don’t attempt yours until you’ve taken this lesson!
Now that you’ve got the makings of a great book proposal, it’s time to get it into the hands of literary agents and publishers!
Building Your Book Launch
Wonderwell Marketing Director Jenn Jensen returns to share the tips and tricks that propel a book right onto the New York Times bestseller list. By the end of this lesson, you'll know:
- What to expect when you're launching a book: The things your publisher should do to help—and what you'll need to do yourself.
- Which bestselling book-marketing tactics to use: The ones you choose will differ, depending on your platform size.
- How to get pre-orders: And why they're so critical for a successful book launch.
- The three most effective advertising options: And what not to waste your money on.
- The ideal book launch timeline: When to do what in the 6–7 months leading to your book's on-sale date.
These are the same marketing activities the Big-5 publishers use to hit the bestseller lists—and what it will take to make your book a success.
Behind the Scenes of PR
Learn how to attract national media attention and massively expand your author brand through PR and publicity with insider tips from premier book promotion agency Smith Publicity. Presented by 10-year publishing veteran Kellie Rendina (pictured) and publicity manager Andrea Kiliany Thatcher. You'll learn:
- What makes you newsworthy: Simply publishing a book isn't enough to grab the media's attention.
- How to land TV interviews: What makes a strong pitch for getting on shows like Good Morning America.
- Podcast best practices: How to find and secure guest spots on podcasts with audiences that will want to buy your book.
- How to become a featured expert: in national newspapers, magazines, and more.
- What to expect from a book publicity campaign: costs, results, and timing of activities.
Getting coverage from just one major media outlet has the potential to skyrocket book sales, and this lesson will teach you how to leverage that power for your launch.
Discover how to craft a book proposal that publishers will fight over in this panel discussion with established literary agents—including Watermark Agency founder Mark Tauber, who has worked in the publishing industry for more than 25 years acquiring, publishing, and managing successful authors across numerous fields, and has published more than 125 New York Times bestsellers! By the end of this lesson, you'll understand:
- How agents work: What they do and don’t do.
- How to get their attention: What agents look for, as well as common misconceptions and rookie mistakes that can hurt your chances of signing with an agent or publisher.
- The importance of a strong book proposal: What it contains, what it costs to hire an editor to help write one, and how an agent can help you punch it up.
- The auction process: What kind of advance can you expect, and how does that happen?
- What it takes to get on a bestseller list: How many copies do you have to sell?
This candid, enlightening discussion will demystify the entire process of getting and working with an agent so that you can secure the best book deal possible.
Your Next Chapter
As we wrap up this course, you'll have with a clear roadmap for success, armed with the skills and knowledge to craft, publish, and promote a life-changing book. It's time to dream big, envision the future, and embrace how much exciting potential the next chapter holds. We'll explore:
- What to focus on next: The one thing you mustn't overlook—and can do right now!
- How to get more hands-on help: Finding trustworthy support for the road ahead.
- How to keep your momentum going: Baby steps, or one Big Leap forward?
As you stand on the precipice of sharing your story with the world, remember that the road ahead may be challenging, but it's also brimming with opportunities, and your message deserves to be heard. Congratulations on embarking on this remarkable journey. We can't wait to see your book shine!
A Priceless Package
Expert programming developed expressly to show you how to grow + maximize an author platform.
Insider insights on how to craft a book proposal that will have agents and publishers fighting over you.
Interactive worksheets to make the lessons stick and help you gain traction.
But that's not all...
You'll also get these amazing bonuses:
- LIVE BOOK COACHING: Our team of bestselling Big-5 pros will host two live group "office hour" sessions (one at the end of each module), where you can ask questions and get real-time feedback and advice. (Value: $600)
- BOOK LAUNCH ROADMAP: All the elements of a bestseller book launch campaign, with timelines! (Value: $197)
- AGENT PITCH PACK: A complete set of guides for connecting with literary agents, including a sample query letter, example book proposal, and a list of literary agents + contact info. (Value: $497)
Total Course + Bonus Package Value: $3,794
Meet Our Wonderwell Team!
We’re just a bunch of book-loving smarty-pantses at heart. In our day jobs we’re the senior team at Wonderwell, an innovative and award-winning hybrid publisher of trade nonfiction books that help, heal, and inspire. We're headquartered in Los Angeles, where we also host epic, high-end author retreats in our immersive Big Leap book-planning program. We can’t wait to wrap our brains around your project!
"Wonderwell has not just elevated my business, but my platform and the place that I speak from. I've been trying to connect with certain people for years—and now they're calling me."
—Sterling Hawkins, speaker and author of Hunting Discomfort
"I could not have written the book without the editorial coaching and support along the way."
—Dr. Vanessa Lapointe, author of Discipline Without Damage and Parenting Right From the Start
"I wanted my book to be something that I was really proud of... to impact people's lives. Not only am I happy with the result, Wonderwell was worth every penny."
—Shira Miller, speaker, coach, and author of Free and Clear
There's no better feeling that hearing from readers whose lives have been forever changed by reading your book. Your community has been asking you to write it for years. Let's make that happen.
Influencer to Author Digital Course
Cart closes in...
14-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase, but we also want you to give your best effort to apply all of the strategies in the course. Wonderwell offers a 14-day money-back guarantee for Influencer to Author, provided that you submit written proof that you did all of the work in the course. In the event that you decide your purchase was not the right decision, please send your refund request to [email protected] within 14 days after the date the second module is released, by November 20, 2023 at 3:59 pm PT.